Journal of Miscellany
Concerning the developements of Jacob in this strange and unpredictable world.
16.1.07
The lady in the mirror and 25 peeps

With nothing much to do on the afternoons, I have no choice but to watch this.



At least this is better than the Korean soaps.

Yes, instead of Koreans, I have chosen Colombians. With lots of pretty boys and girls, a longish plot that has no discernable end in sight and a magic mirror, I take that an hour each afternoon was tolerably spent.

The portrayal of the rich, the good looking and the powerful are quite commonplace in telenovellas, and like most telenovellas, they invariably squared things off with the main antagonist as, er…well, powerful, rich and good looking at the same time.

During the course of the show, lots of side plots and characters take a turn to divert your attention from the main plot, and slowly, the story stretches up to a point where the turn of events started to get more and more ridiculous, just in order to get the plot moving again. But then again, the show is not without its fair share of good points.

Dialogues are tastefully done, and the actors and actresses do seem to know what they are doing. In fact, it’s quite ok, and I’ve even joined the fanlisting!

Note: If I manage to watch the entire show(till episode finale), I might write a review about it.

Oh yeah, did I mention that I got featured in 25peeps.com? Apparently, I managed to last for 6 days at the main peep page. The email report states that I got 71 hits with the peep link, but from what my stat counter reported, it’s more like 17.


Labels: , ,

Save & Share / 0 comments
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.