Journal of Miscellany
Concerning the developements of Jacob in this strange and unpredictable world.
14.3.10
I won?
Last year, my favourite food magazine organized a contest.  The prizes were kinda awesome, so I joined.  I filled all three forms with slogans I can't exactly remember anymore and my prize choices.

Months go by, and nothing much happened. I got a call on the evening of the 26th last month as I was on my way to a steamboat dinner; the voice was female and she told me that I won a bottle of wine. Nice.


I ate my dinner that evening contemplating on it whilst looking out at the sea. The sun inched out of view, and the sea darkened.


I was to collect my prize on the 10th of this month, and so I went. The given address was the big Star office at Shah Alam, and the journey there was awfully expensive.

A woman with a pair of striking green eyes met me at the lobby. She handed me a bag, inside was a small bottle of wine wrapped with clear plastic. She told me that it's Eiswein.

When I got back I realized that the magazine flubbed at the prize description. They mismatched the pictures of this wine with that of the Ornellaia, and they said that it was a 750 bottle instead of a 375. I called back to make sure.

And yes, it was a 375 and it had always been sold in that size. That left me embarrassed.


But all in all, I think this baby's a keeper!

Labels:

Save & Share / 0 comments
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.